Friday, February 18, 2005

Slow Cooker II

For the second time this month, I am cooking in a slow cooker. I usually do it on my days off, when I have no big plans. I also have to have the time to go to Save On Foods as there is usually one or two items that I am missing from the recipe taken from the slow cooker book. Today I am making Orange Glazed Carrots. Here are the ingredients:

32 oz. package of baby carrots
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp margarine
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Here is the procedure: Mix everything except starch and water in a slow cooker. Cook on Low for 3-4 hours. Transfer the carrots to a dish; keep the leftover juice. Transfer the juice to a small pan, add the water and the cornstarch bring to boil and pour over the carrots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home