Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Skype

Last week was the first time I have used Skype. For those who don't know, Skype is a computer software that allows users who have Skype installed talk to each other over the Internet. I have used this before, but using MSN. Recently I had nothing but problems with MSN and I am not talking just about the talking over Internet feature, but access, Hotmail, you name it. So, partly out of frustration and partly out of curiosity as of what is all the hubhub about I tried it. To say the least I was very pleasantly suprised. The Skype website, just like the software has very clean interface and is very easy to use. And the sound quality during a conversation is nothing comparable to MSN. During MSN conversation I can hear my echo in the speakers few seconds later, with Skype I didn't have this problem. When my mom used it she had problems, but she is a technical hadicap so I would count that for much. I will have to go and see what she is doing wrong. All in all Skype is a great product for a great price (free) and if you haven't tried it, you should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home